Re: missing 64bit ports

On Jul 15 16:24, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Dear All,
I spent a bit of time checking the real situation of the packages
still missing as 64 bit port.
After xdelta, bsdiff and iperf porting, without counting the few mingw ones,
the duplicates we are down to ~44.

Please see here the analysis :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hn7Eaq6djEN9X0jS_AM8-DH_LvP43G9_DXnpTt09Asc/edit#gid=0
Feel free to insert comments on the cells.

For what I found :

- half of them are dead upstream so we can directly
obsolete and don't worry anynore.

- Few are Jary's scripts, so the only porting issue is Jary's time.

- Very few have real porting issue

The only one really interesting for me is Mathomatic and eventually catdoc
if works with latest word documents.
(of course I will port pure-ftpd)

Thanks for looking into this.

Two points:

- Shall we remove all 32b-bit only orphaned packages for which we don't
   get a maintainer until, say, end of August?

That seems reasonable, as long as there are exceptions for packages where the lack of a 64-bit package is due to genuine porting difficulties. libsigsegv was in that category until yesterday. Another one I'm aware of is ffcall.

- We should probably consider to remove the mingw.org packages.  All
   of them.  They are hopelessly outdated and mingw-w64 does the same
   job better hands down.

+1

Ken