Re: setup

Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> > Either way, please go ahead and apply your patch.  While you're at it,

Done.

>> > would you mind to change YY_READ_BUF_SIZE as above and raise the buffer
>> > size in io_stream::copy to 64K as well?
>>
>> Yes, but I'll probably put each of those in a separate commit.
>
> Sure, thank you.

I'll do that later since I have to re-shuffle some local commits and
then test everything again first.

If you're so inclined you could perhaps have a look at the next commit
on my local branch:

http://repo.or.cz/w/cygwin-setup/local.git/commitdiff/5b4e8b928c7fe16b2813b5f1bdbf27b49c8e0d57

This implements xz compressed setup.xz files over network in addition to
setup.bz2.  The difference between bz2 and xz is pretty consistently
about 10% smaller files for xz, but the main envisioned advantage some
time down the road (years, most likely) would be to get rid of the
additional compression libraries in setup once everything is compressed
with xz.  The best compression setting with the setup files I have
looked at is "-6e".  I've also checked that setup can deal correctly
with different checksums for the xz blocks (standard is crc64, but
sha256 works).

Regards,
Achim.