Re: setup

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> On May 29 21:37, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>
>> The new SHA512 checksums are rather lengthy.  Could we switch them to
>> Base64 (perhaps the URL and file safe variant) instead of the current
>> hex encoding instead (maybe with an SHA512: prefix if we want to support
>> both)?
>
> Not for the time being.  Sombody would have to add code to setup as well
> as upset to make this work.

Since it seems you plan to use libcrypto from OpenSSL anyway:
https://gist.github.com/barrysteyn/7308212#file-base64decode-c

Otherwise I'd prefer something less obtuse, there is C++ code with
compatible license or IÂcould roll my own.

For upset, I don't know what interface you're using.  For the object
interface you'd simply switch from hexdigest() to b64digest() and for
the functional interface from sha512_hex() to sha512_base64().

Regards,
Achim.