Re: [ITA/ITP] lots of perl distributions

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> On Mar 10 07:40, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Achim Gratz writes:
>> > The upload was extremely slow and I've had the connection drop a few
>> > times.  Does sourceware throttle connections?  At the moment I can't
>> > even get a directory listing via sshfs anymore, although lftp still
>> > seems to cope just fine.
>>
>> It seems I crossed a threshold with the number of directories in my
>> release areasâ :-(
>
> I'm not sure that's the problem.

The fact that it worked until I populated it with all the Perl
distributions and that it still works as long as I don't try to readdir
the **/release/ directories (which are the only ones that are so large)
made me suspect that.

> This looks like the same problem
> Federico and I have with sftp uploads for some reason.  I pinged
> overseers a couple of days ago but got no reply.  For some reason it
> works fine with lftp, though.

Yes, omly it's a lot less transparent to me.

> You could try the new cygport upload feature.  It uses lftp under the
> hood.

I can use lftp myself, I'll just have to creatre a bunch of aliases or
scripts, not sure yet how much I'm going to automate this.  I won't use
the cygport facility, mainly because I won't put my SSH key on the build
box, but also because it doesn't easily cater to the common situation
that I need to do things to a bunch of packages and/or remove some other
stuff at the same time.

Regards,
Achim.