Re: [HEADSUP] Dropping libopenssl098 from distro

Just a quick update on the libopenssl098 frontier:

On Jan 14 15:13, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> it's really *really* overdue to remove the OpenSSL 0.98 DLLs from
> the 32 bit distro.  Fortunately they were never in the 64 bit distro.
>
> The problem is that we still have packages requiring libopenssl098.
> These need rebuilding or removing.
>
> The following packages need simple rebuilding:
>
>   suite3270	Peter A. Castro

Peter, any progress?

> The following packages have dependecies of their own, so they can't
> go away until the dependent packages have been rebuilt:
>
>   libarchive2	Yaakov Selkowitz
>
>     required by:
>
> 	gvfs		Yaakov Selkowitz
> 	libgxps2	Yaakov Selkowitz
>
> 	gvfs and libgxps2 should be rebuilt to link against libarchive13.

This needs the GNOME 3.14 update which will take some time.

>   libpq		Marco Atzeri
>
>     required by:
>
> 	clisp		Ken Brown
> 	xemacs		Dr. Volker Zell

These are "in the works".

> 	libsasl2	David Rothenberger

	  required by:

	    libopenldap2_3_0

Both of these packages can be removed automatically when clisp and xemacs
are rebuilt.

So the situation is grave, but not hopeless.

Red Hat