Re: [ITA] Procmail 3.22

On Aug 16 13:09, D. Boland wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > > procmail works from sendmail in a multi-user scenario on Fedora without
> > > this tool.  Why does this solution not work for Cygwin?
> >
> > Disregard this question.  The expression "multi-root" totally puzzeled
> > me.  Let's follow up with the libsuexec ITP.
>
> Kuhl!! I will remove the reference to 'Capabilities' and correct the other stuff you
> mentioned in the ITP thread of libsuexec.
>
> So 'multi-root' is not comprehensible. Can you dig into your creative self and come
> up with someting I can use in my readme?

Not off the top of my head.  It might be better to just explain what
it's doing, basically fooling the application into seeing the current
user as being uid/gid == 0 if the user has admin rights.

But, this reminds me.

Some users are running fetchmail/procmail/mutt without the detour over
using an MTA, for instance:

  $ grep mda ~/.fetchmailrc
  mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

Will this still work as expected, even if the user is member of the
admin group?  Keep in mind that Windows XP/2003 are not providing UAC
at all, and even on UAC-providing systems, it might be switched off.

Red Hat