Re: [ITA] p7zip

Rather than changing the upstream source tarball, you can add something like:

CYGPORT_USE_UNSTABLE_API=1
src_unpack_hook() {
       dos2unix man1/7zr.1
}

Ah, great, thanks, I was wondering if there was something like that in cygport.
Now I know.

On the topic of cygport, is there a variable that indicates whether --32 or
--64 was specified? I tried building a 32 bit version of the package from
within 64 bit Cygwin to see if it would work, and it didn't quite come out
right. I imagine some more configuration in the cygport steps would be
necessary to really get that sorted.

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/p7zip.README is still about 9.20.1-1. Since this
file is no longer mandatory, you may remove it rather than updating it.

Was also wondering about that. I could update the maintainer, and/or bump
the -1 version number to reflect my small packaging updates. Wasn't sure on
the best approach since the package has not been uploaded as 64 bit yet.
If there are bug reports or a reason to rebuild the 32 bit version I could,
but the existing version seems to be working fine so I wasn't in a hurry
there. Upstream hasn't released new sources in a long time either, I don't
expect updated versions to be very frequent.

New build with your suggested changes:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/76tibkftkdcnehl2/artifacts/p7zip-9.20.1-1.x86_64/dist/p7zip/p7zip-9.20.1-1.tar.xz
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/76tibkftkdcnehl2/artifacts/p7zip-9.20.1-1.x86_64/dist/p7zip/p7zip-9.20.1-1-src.tar.xz
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/76tibkftkdcnehl2/artifacts/p7zip-9.20.1-1.x86_64/dist/p7zip/setup.hint