Re: [ITA] base-files

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 08:05:39PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
>> Package updates happen every five minutes so you were probably only
>> a minute or so from having inetutils upload privileges.
>
>I've seen that and almost put the update out, but I have one question: I
>gave the patched tar file a release number of "1p1" so that Chuck can
>continue to increment his releases as he wishes.  That works fine when
>using genini, but I'm not sure what if upset would accept this as a
>valid package.  If you think that's OK, then I'll set the !ready flags.

That's very thoughtful of you but I think I'd rather not experiment with
version number ordering.  I think you should just bump the -N part to
the next higher number and let Chuck deal with bumping his version number
twice.  I think that will be less confusing to upset and the end user.

On a side note:  I REALLY REALLY hope Chuck is ok and is just on vacation
or something.

cgf