Re: 64-bit: Missing perl modules

On 06/04/14 17:38, Achim Gratz wrote:
David Stacey writes:
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I was aware of that discussion. I'm not
talking about breaking up 'perl_vendor' for 32-bit Cygwin (although
IMHO that would be a good thing in the long term). I'd just like to
see the perl modules I mentioned adding to 64-bit Cygwin - and I'm
happy to maintain those packages myself if no-one else want to claim
ownership.
I don't see why it should be a good idea to have different packaging for
the two architectures, so I still think this issue needs to be decided.

Agreed. Hopefully the different collections of perl modules that are available in the two architectures can be unified with the next perl release.

Anyway, here's what I have:

Yes, those are more or less identical to the packages that I prepared - I could have done with those links a few days ago :-) It's rather nice (albeit inefficient) to have two people trying to do the same thing - so often in open source programmes no-one has the time! You've obviously put some thought and effort into this, so I'm happy to step back and let you (or Reini) to maintain these perl modules. The important thing is that they end up in 64-bit Cygwin at some point.

Thankfully, cygport makes most perl modules absurdly easy to maintain. So if you need someone to adopt a few if and when 'perl_vendor' gets split up then please let me know.

Dave.