Re: Major changes coming to procedure for uploading to sourceware (long)

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 09:19:35PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
>> The package directories should exactly mirror what is currently in the
>> release directory.  The !ready file is used to tell upset that any files
>> older than this file in or under the given directory should be
>> processed.  The intent is that you create !ready when you have finished
>> uploading everything that you plan on uploading.
>
>Are we supposed to copy the existing contents of the mirrors (curr,
>previous etc. archives) into our release area first before adding
>anything new?

No.  This is for adding new/updated packages to the release.  Putting
old stuff in the staging area would certainly confuse things.

>My release area is non-empty but incomplete due to previous tests, but
>I don't want to remove or add anything there unless I know how this
>gets handled.

I just wiped out and recreated your home directory.  There are no old
packages there now.

The process is:

1) upload new tarballs/setup.hints to package directory
2) package gets syntax checked
3) package gets moved to release area

What is currently missing is a way to delete old tarballs from the
release area.  I'll probably have upset do that when it finds old
packages which are not covered by setup.hint.

cgf