Re: zsh for x86_64 uploaded

On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Hi guys,
Hi Peter,

Greetings, Corinna,

I just uploaded a 64 bit zsh-5.0.2-1 package.  I did not convert it to
cygport but kept the g-b-s build script (mostly) intact.

Only two patches were necessary, one of them dropping
--host=i686-pc-cygwin  and --target =i686-pc-cygwin from the configury,
the other was replacing a call to cygwin_conv_to_posix_path with a call
to cygwin_conv_path in builtin.c since the old, deprecated
cygwin_conv_to_XXX API doesn't exist on x86_64 anymore.  The patch is
fortunately target independent.

Thanks for doing this.
I've been too busy to devote time to Cygwin lately and I still don't have access to 64-bit windows to do the porting.

As it turns out, someone else tried building zsh on Cygwin recently and hit this same problem (cygwin_conv_to_posix_path). I believe it's been fixed upstream, but I'll verify that when I grab the latest zsh release.

BTW, how hard would it be to move to cygport?  Is it worth the trouble?

Zsh seems to run fine as far as my limited testing goes.

Since there was an existing 5.0.2-1 (32-bit) and since there was a revision to the source package and since the changes could be applied to both 32-bit and 64-bit, you probably should have made this 5.0.2-2 instead, but, hey, no worries. I'll sync things up once I get a 64-bit Win running. :-)

Thanks again!

HTH,

--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com