Re: [ITP] svn_load_dirs

On Jul 11 10:15, David Rothenberger wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jul 10 20:32, David Rothenberger wrote:
> >> package svn_load_dirs as a separate package instead of including it
> >> in subversion-tools. The main reason is to facilitate using cygport
> >> to extract the tool from the Subversion repository; I can't see an
> >> easy way to do that as part of the main subversion.cygport file.
> >
> > I can't comment on this subversion vs. cygport problem, but the
> > package itself is fine.  Shall I upload?
>
> Yes, please.
>
> Since the package is just a Perl script, I used the same links for both
> the 32 and 64-bit packages. I think the same package should work fine
> for both architectures. You can download it once and just copy it if you
> want.

Done as you suggested.

But there's a catch:  After uploading, while adding the svn_load_dirs
package to the cygwin-pkg-maint file I noticed that there's already a
package svn-load from Jari Aalto, which is apparently already the same
thing per the setup.hint file:

  sdesc: "An enhanced import facility for Subversion"
  ldesc: "A free replacement for svn_load_dirs, an enhanced import facility for
  Subversion. The utility will commit a single changeset that alters a
  repository subtree to match a local directory. It detects filenames
  that have been removed or created, and uses this knowledge to prompt
  the user about file and directory movements within the subtree. An
  automatic tagging option is also supported. Svn-load is well suited
  for vendor branch maintenance, where external source is routinely
  imported and merged."
  category: Devel Python
  requires: python

Does it really make sense to have this twice?

Red Hat