Re: [64 bit] ghostscript configure script doesn't recognize libtiff

On Apr 23 13:08, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >On Apr 23 06:55, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> >>I need help compiling ghostscript for 64 bit. The configure script doesn't
> >>recognize libtiff somehow. Any ideas ?
> >
> >Yes.  libtiff-3.9.7-2 is apparently 32 bit:
> >
> >   $ file /bin/cygtiff-5.dll
> >   /bin/cygtiff-5.dll:   PE32 executable (DLL) (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
> >
> >After reinstalling Yaakov's 3.9.7-1:
> >
> >   $ file /bin/cygtiff-5.dll
> >   /bin/cygtiff-5.dll:   PE32+ executable (DLL) (console) x86-64, for MS Windows
>
> Weird. I double checked that I was using "cygport --64" when
> building that package (using the cygwin-ports cross environment), so
> I think there must be a bug in stock cygport -- or an infelicitous
> interaction between it and tiff's configury -- that prevents "--64"
> from doing the right thing. (Or my 32->64 environment might be
> messed up somehow, I guess. Just trying to cover all the bases...)

If you cross build for x86_64, you *must* use cygport from the git repo
for now.  With the stock version you end up with a 32 bit build.

> If I have to use a non-stock cygport, then I might as well use
> non-stock in the 64bit environment itself, and build "natively".
> I'll switch to that in the future.

cygport is easy to build.  Nevertheless, Yaakov, any chance you could
update the 32 bit and the Fedora cygport, too?  If it's not asked too
much, preferredly with a fix so that the dist files are not copied
to the toplevel, but only reside in the dist subdir...

> >Chuck, do you want to rebuild a new 64 bit tiff package set?
>
> Yes. I also have a 4.0 'test' version ready for both 32 and 64, but
> I guess it's back to the drawing board for that, for x86_64, as
> well...
>
> >Btw., when
> >uploading can you make sure that all package files are group writable?
>
> Ack.
>
> >Also, make sure the tiff package doesn't depend on libstdc++6-devel.
> >That package doesn't exist anymore.
>
> Hmm...another symptom of cygport --64 actually operating in 32bit
> mode, at least in this case.  Those .hints are autogenerated, and on
> the 32bit platform libstdc++6-devel exists and is a correct
> dependency of libtiff-devel.
>
> I'll double check that this issue is not present when I rebuild
> within the "native" 64bit environment.

It shouldn't since the package just doesn't exist.

Thanks,

Red Hat