Re: a.out.h for 64-bit Cygwin?

On Mar 11 12:13, Ken Brown wrote:
No, we shouldn't include windows.h.  Some of the values are already
defined using another name in a.out.h, see I386MAGIC, DOSMAGIC, or
NT_SIGNATURE.

I'm pretty open to add definitions for other values, as long as they
either match the already used naimg scheme, or, if they are entirely
new, are similar, but not exactly named like the original Windows
definitions.  I don't think anything speaks against adding stuff like

   #define AMD64MAGIC 0x8664
   [...]
   #define IMG_NT_OPTIONAL_HDR32_MAGIC 0x10b
   [...]
   #define IMG_SUBSYS_NATIVE 1

OK, my patch is attached. I'm also attaching the program I used to test it, based on the emacs code I sent in my first post. (And I'm able to build 64-bit emacs with this patch.)

It turned out that the most important thing I had to do was change
most occurrences of "unsigned long" to "uint32_t" to keep DWORDs
from becoming 64 bits wide on AMD64.

Ken

Hi Ken. Thanks for the patch, but I guess you misunderstood me concerning the names of the defines:

Yes, I did misunderstand. Re-reading what you wrote, it was quite clear.

The rest of the patch looks good to me.  I'm just wondering what to
do with the mix of `unsigned {short,long}' and uint32_t.  Wouldn't
it be better if we replace all unsigned short with uint16_t and all
unsigned long with uintptr_t?

Yes, that's much better. I also changed a couple of occurrences of `short' (without `unsigned') that should have been unsigned to begin with.

A revised patch is attached.

Ken