Re: [ITP] openmpi-1.6.3-2

On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 19:36 +0100, marco atzeri wrote:
> I followed debian nomenclature and file partitioning
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/libopenmpi1.3/filelist
>
> and I prefer to leave like that

Unfortunately that won't necessarily work.  Linux package managers can
handle multiple packages providing the same file; setup.exe cannot.  If
some but not all of the libraries get an soname bump, we're going to run
into problems.  Also, ELF rpath would allow multiple MPI implementations
with the same libmpi name; that's not going to work on PE platforms
either.  Therefore, I would urge you to use the naming scheme and
package breakup in my proposed -4 .cygport.  (The -devel packages could
be split up further if you want, but it may be an overkill.)

BTW, libesmtp is in now.

Yaakov