Re: [ITP] openmpi-1.6.3-2

On 11/16/2012 7:02 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 12:10 +0100, marco atzeri wrote:
ok, but why shortening to libmpi ?
In theory there are other mpi implementation around.

The libraries are named libmpi (cygmpi-1.dll, libmpi.dll.a, etc.), and I prefer lib package names to match the actual lib name rather than the source package name. If other implementations also use libmpi as a library name, then anyways we will only be able to ship one (conflicting files).

I followed debian nomenclature and file partitioning http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/libopenmpi1.3/filelist

and I prefer to leave like that

one more dependency is not a problem.
Waiting for your ITP before "-4"

OK.

Should we go for this route  : KEEP_LA_FILES="none"   ?
I already noticed that the libnetcdf-devel is broken as
/usr/lib/libnetcdf.la require libcurl.la that does not exist anymore.

If it were up to me, I would make it the default; it would just take a mass rebuild to rid (almost) all packages of them. In any case, as this is new to the distro, nothing else depends on it yet, so there's nothing to break.

I was just thinking to make the same for any future update of my packages.

Yaakov

Marco