Re: cygport chases symlink loop infintely

On 5/6/2012 3:26 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2012-04-04 15:26, Warren Young wrote:
There's something about the way I have one of my development systems set
up that causes Cygport to chase a symlink loop infinitely in the "Fixing
libtool modules:" step of "cygport install".

It apparently has something to do with the fact that the source for the
package in question lives under /usr/local/src, and I've symlinked src
into my home directory so I can "cd ~/src/somepackage".

Please try "cygport --debug [.cygport file] install"

Sorry for missing this reply, Yaakov.

I've attached the debug log that results.

In the meantime, using a user mount instead of a symlink may help.

Yes, that also avoids tickling the bug.