Re: cygport: Adding arbitrary files to the src package

On May  7 15:44, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 09:33:57PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>
> >> why not in a dedicate cygwin-debug package ?
> >> Having it in
> >>
> >> /usr/bin/cygwin1.dbg
> >>
> >> will simplify debugging, instead of having it in the source package
> >> and manually extract and copying in /usr/bin
> >
> >Any chance you have a hidden camera installed in my office?  That's
> >how I actually implemented it in my cygport file (and what I meant when
> >I wrote "There are other ways to handle the file").
> >
> >I was trying to find a way to keep it as part of the source archive,
> >just as it has been so far, though.
>
> FWIW, I think it makes sense for it to be a separate package or even for
> it just to be installed along-side cygwin1.dll in the standard
> distribution.  We already install /usr/include along with cygwin1.dll so
> it sorta kinda is consistent to also include cygwin1.dbg too if you
> squint at it just right.

That's a good point.  I think I'd prefer the extra cygwin-debug package,
but we could even go a step further and create a cygwin-devel package
instead, which contains the contents of /usr/include, /usr/lib, and
asorted files from usr/bin like, say, cygwin1.dbg, dumper.exe, ssp.exe,
strace.exe.  That's dead simple with cygport.

Red Hat