Re: [ITP] astrometry.net-0.38-1

I hoped that somebody who voted on the package would do the final
GTG, but in vain it seems.

Sorry...I had intended to, but got swamped with other stuff. :-(

Anyway, I just had a look.  The packaging now looks basically good.  One
issue I still have with the package is the big number of non-standard
binaries in /usr/bin.

Is it really necessary to have all the binaries as user-accessible
binaries in /usr/bin?  Or are many of the binaries just called from
another (or other) binaries which serve as the primary UI?  What also
bugs me are the generic names of the binaries.  Plotstuff, merge-index,
tablist, tabsort, checktree, ...  This all sounds not much like
astronomer stuff.
So, I would prefer to split the binaries into two groups:

- UI binary (or binaries) into /usr/bin

- Helper binaries into /usr/share/astrometry/bin

FHS says that architecture-dependent files should go under /usr/lib/ not /usr/share...so

/usr/lib/astrometry/bin

--
Chuck