Re: ATTENTION: Tcl/Tk transition

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 09:56 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > >Would your adding getgrouplist(3) be a fair price? :-)
> > >
> > >http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man3/getgrouplist.3.html
> > >
> > >I need this for an attempt to port polkit-1, and I haven't learned that
> > >part of the codebase yet.  Deal? :-)
>
> Deal!

Done.  ruby-1.8.7-p352 with separate ruby-tcltk package is ready.

> I assume you want the full group list, represented by the user's token
> if one would like to construct the token, right?

See the "spec" noted above, but if ngroups is correctly sized, all
groups to which the given user belongs are returned AND the given group
even if the user is not a member thereof.

> If so, that requires to create a SID list by fetching the information
> from the local SAM and AD, quite similar to the initgroups function.
>
> On second thought, that would be practically identical to our
> initgroups32 function, except for the cygheap->user.groups.update_supp
> call, which would be replaced by filling the group list given as
> argument.

That makes sense, given that on BSD[1], initgroups(3) is basically
getgrouplist() followed by setgroups().  The primary difference will be
adding the given group if not a member and assuring proper size of
ngroups.  (Yes, I did look into this myself once upon a time.)

Yaakov

[1]
http://svnweb.FreeBSD.org/base/head/lib/libc/gen/initgroups.c?view=markup