Re: [ITP] libargp 20110921-1 (ping)

> I'd like to package and maintain libargp for Cygwin.  argp is a C interface for
> processing command line arguments.
>
> The libargp source files are taken from gnulib.  gnulib is a well-known program
> available in major Linux distros (e.g. http://packages.debian.org/sid/gnulib),
> but I'm not aware of any distros that separately package just argp from it.  So
> I'm not sure if libargp needs to be voted on or not for inclusion in Cygwin.
>
> Documentation:     http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/libc/Argp.html
> Source home page:  http://www.gnu.org/s/gnulib/MODULES.html
> License:           LGPL

Package maintainers, please consider voting in favor of libargp for Cygwin.

I don't know of any rule that says I can't vote for my own package, so I'm
voting +1 for libargp.  I want it specifically to use with nosleep [1].  I
could have just baked the argp source files statically into nosleep, but they
would have made up the bulk of the code, which seemed silly.  It seems better
to make libargp available for shared use.

Thanks,
Andrew.

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2011-09/msg00079.html