Re: 256x256 px icons

On Aug  8 11:10, Warren Young wrote:
> On 8/6/2011 12:27 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>Now for the setup icon...
> >
> >Here it is.  The 32x32 icon is the most tricky one and needed some
> >convincing to look acceptable.
>
> I'd make the C smaller in all of them, especially the 32x32.  Please
> point me to the box art.  I want to try.

Smaller?  I'm surprised.  I wouldn't really want them smaller, especially
in the 32x32 case, where the C is already so small.  But I'm curious.
The box art is part of the gnome-icon-theme package(*), the icons are
/usr/share/icons/gnome/*/mimetypes/package-x-generic.png.

> I also want to try a pure black C on a recolored kraft brown box.
> Make it shipping-boxy, power in potentia, yet to be unleashed.

That sounds interesting.

Corinna

(*) http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/15511208/dir/fedora_14/com/gnome-icon-theme-2.31.0-1.fc14.noarch.rpm.html

Red Hat