Re: ITP dos2unix 5.3-1

On 4/28/2011 3:42 AM, Erwin Waterlander wrote:
> I propose package 'dos2unix' for cygwin. Dos2unix is part of Fedora,
> Suse, Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Slackware, and Arch Linux. The homepage is
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~waterlan/dos2unix.html
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~waterlan/cygwin/dos2unix-5.3-1.tar.bz2
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~waterlan/cygwin/dos2unix-5.3-1-src.tar.bz2

Packaging GTG.  Since dos2unix is found on other OS's, Erwin doesn't
need votes.  However, the package conflicts with cygutils -- but I agree
with moving these tools to their own package.

So, there are three things to do:

	1) update cygutils to NOT ship dos2unix/d2u/unix2dos/u2d
	   any longer.
	2) evaluate the existing setup.hints that require: cygutils,
	   and determine if any of them do so solely because they need
	   d2u/u2d -- and if so, notify their owners they need to add
	   the new dos2unix package to their requires.
	3) Upload cygutils-$NEXT and dos2unix simultaneously.

I can handle #3, and will do so as soon as I finish #1 and #2.

--
Chuck