Re: [ITP] libgsf

On 10/01/2010 23:21, Charles Wilson wrote:
1) README build requirements needs to list GConf2. Otherwise, the
thumbnailer is not built, and nothing gets installed into /etc, and the
pkg creation step fails:
tar: etc: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

Good point. libgsf is a rare case where a GConf schema is installed but the package itself doesn't actually use GConf. I've fixed this in SVN (r8493, r8494).

2) Side comment: while I'd be happy to rebuild libAfterImage (once the
ITP is approved) with SVG support via librsvg2, I'm a little leery of
making a simple graphics format library dependent on all of GNOME! --
   libAfterImage<-- librsvg2<-- libgsf<-- (large list)

I guess 'large list' is just
     libbz2_1 libgcc1 libglib2.0_0 libintl8 libxml2 zlib0
which doesn't trouble me much (except for glib2); are all the other
build dependencies simply there because the extra utilities and python
bindings require them, but the runtime library itself does not?

Correct, those are the only dependencies of libgsf1_114. libgdk_pixbuf2.0 is only used by (one of) the utilities, and the python deps are obviously only for the python-gsf bindings. librsvg2 also depends on libgdk_pixbuf2.0 but NOT libgtk2.0; that's precisely why I split out libgdk_pixbuf2.0 from libgtk2.0, even though upstream ships them together.

3) Rebuilds OK from source, assume all build deps (incl. GConf2) are
installed.

4) packaging looks ok.

GTG.

Thanks,