Re: [RFU] [1.7] Base-Files

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Morrison" <john@morrison.mine.nu>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 10:50 AM
Subject: [RFU] [1.7] Base-Files

| I've updated this with the patch from Herb Maeder (thanks Herb, sorry it
| took me so long!).  I propose leaving the 1.5 as is and just go forward
| with 1.7.

John,
/etc/profile contains
if [ ! -d "${HOME}" ]; then
        mkdir -p "${HOME}"
        echo "Copying skeleton files."
The skeleton files are copied even if the the mkdir has failed.
This happens to network users who install Cygwin while connected, with HOME on a
network drive, and then later use their laptop while disconnected.
In that case the skeleton files should not be copied, a warning should be issued and HOME should
be set to /tmp, "$TEMP" or some such. It's straightforward and I would be happy to provide a
patch if you wish.
Thanks

Pierre