Re: FAQ entries about emacs

On Feb 12 15:48, Steffen Sledz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
> > can you do me a favor?  Can you have a look into the FAQ entries "Is
> > there a Cygwin port of GNU Emacs?" and the next one "What about NT
> > Emacs?" and suggest a rewrite? The information given in these two FAQ
> > entries is certainly outdated, but I'm not quite sure how to rephrase
> > them.  What especially bugs me is the reference to X11 which, as far as
> > I know, is not correct for XEmacs.  Maybe (but that's just a vague idea
> > from an Emacs non-user) it might be a good idea to pull the two FAQ
> > entries together into one "Is there a Cygwin port of Emacs?" and just
> > talk about XEmacs and GNU emacs, whatever the actual difference is.
>
> As you know i'm fighting with another problem. That's why i'm toiling to publish an up-to-date GNU Emacs package. So please mention in FAQ 4.37 that the current package is very old and unstable.
>
> In FAQ 4.38 you can refer to http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/ and the README in this directory. Since emacs-21.3 there is an official, native GNU Emacs for Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista and Windows 95/98/Me.

Thank you, I applied a patch along what you write above.  For the
latest version of these FAQ entries, see

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/doc/faq-using.xml?cvsroot=src

Please refer to the latest version on this page for any further update.
I guess we also should move the XEmacs entry up so that the native
Emacs is referred last.

Red Hat