Re: [ITA] libapr1-1.3.3-1

On Oct 6 08:13, David Rothenberger wrote:
On Sep 29 18:34, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Sep 15 08:25, David Rothenberger wrote:
Ping.

Is there anything else I need to do for this package before it is uploaded?
If nobody else is looking into these packages, I'll do it later this
week.
I didn't forget and I still have this on my plate.  I'm still not quite
back to normal, sorry.
No problem. I understand that it can take a while to get back to normal after a holiday.

Holiday + Sickness = :( Only the holiday is over, though.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

I had a quick look and the basic packaging looks ok.  What bugs me
a bit is the new layout.

Old:

apr1 --- libapr1

New:

  libapr1 -+- apr1
           +- libapr1-devel

I guess we should better move the apr1 dir into the _obsolete dir, then
just leave the libapr1 dir at top level:

  _obsolete --- apr1
  libapr1   --- libapr1-devel

Same for the aprutil1/libaprutil1 dirs. Is that what you intended?

I hadn't thought about the directory layout, but I think that will work. apr1 and aprutil1 are both empty transition packages that are marked obsolete, so they can (should?) go under _obsolete I guess.

Do you want me to restructure the packages on my server to match this layout?

Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
        Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.