RE: rpm-build setup.hint adjusted

Dave Korn wrote on 07 October 2008 15:59:

> Christopher Faylor wrote on 07 October 2008 15:31:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 02:46:08PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>>>
>>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-10/msg00107.html
>>>
>>>  I removed the "Curr:" line from
>>> /var/ftp/pub/cygwin/release/rpm/rpm-build/setup.hint.

>> Please don't make changes to my packages.  I am capable of doing that
>> myself. When you make even well-intentioned changes it makes it difficult
>> for me to track down what the problem was.

  BTW, is there perhaps some equivalent rule to the "obviously correct" rule
for /src cvs commits that would make sense to specify as a policy for
situations such as these?  There will after all be times when the relevant
maintainer is away ill or on holiday, or otherwise unreachable; it would be
nice to have a guideline that enables us to patch things up when there is
obvious breakage in setup.ini or elsewhere.

    cheers,
      DaveK