Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

On Aug 15 12:28, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 15 10:53, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 vzell Users   17 Aug 15 10:41 terminfo ->../share/terminfo      <----- This seems to be wrong
>
> Dunno where this is coming from but I assume this is also a result
> of using / as cygdrive prefix.

Apparently not.  If you have a look into /var/log/setup.log, you can see
that this is a result of the order in which the postinstall scripts are
running.  The problem is that the script 000-cygwin-post-install.sh from
the base-cygwin package is not run as the first script, so that we don't
have a fstab file (and no usr/lib mount point) when the terminfo
postinstall script runs.

Here's another problem:  The bash postinstall script runs prior to
the 000-cygwin-post-install.sh script as well and fails exit code 127,
because it calls /usr/bin/install-info.  Since the /usr/bin mount point
is created in 000-cygwin-post-install.sh, it doesn't exist so far and
the call fails.  That shouldn't hurt since update-info-dir.sh runs
fine (it calls install-info without full path), but it shows the general
problem.

Along these lines, the coreutils postinstall script runs before the
bash script as well even though its setup.hint file requires bash.
Huh?

So, how can we make sure that the 000-cygwin-post-install.sh script
from the base-cygwin package runs as the first script?  Does it work
to make bash depend on base-cygwin?

Red Hat