Re: cygwin-services-helper [was: Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.5-1]

On Feb 27 00:34, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Feb 25 20:46, Charles Wilson wrote:
>>> [*] or maybe a script function library somewhere like
>>> /usr/lib/cygwin-services/ that foo-config could 'source', and then call
>>> the functions directly.  This would help the "enter the password twice"
>>> problem...
>> Sounds good!  The function library would be cool.
>
> Here's my first draft.  Totally untested, almost nuthin' in the way of
> documentation...but I figured I'd post it now, because I won't have time
> for any more cygwin stuff until the weekend...

Wow, thanks for the quick implementation.  Unfortunately I won't have
time to look into this for now since I have to look into a Win2K problem
with network paths.

> TODO: (1) test, documentation, bughunt this function library
>       (2) rewrite ssh-host-config to use it
>       (3) rewrite iu-config to use it
>       (4) rewrite syslog-config to use it

        (4a) rewrite syslog-ng-config to use it

But actually, services which don't have to switch user accounts don't
really need it.

> # REQUIREMENTS:
> #   SHELL must be bash
> #
> # PROVIDES:
> #    csh_error
> #    csh_error_multi
> #    csh_warning
> #    csh_inform
> #    csh_verbose
> #    csh_request
> #    csh_is_nt
> #    csh_is_nt2003
> #    csh_check_prog
> #    csh_check_prog_req
> #    csh_install_config
> #    csh_make_dir
> #    csh_privileged_user_name
> #    csh_privileged_user_exists
> #    csh_service_should_run_as
> #    csh_check_mounts
> #    csh_create_privileged_user
> #    csh_create_unprivileged_user

Erm... why are all these functions called "csh_foo"?  "Cygwin SHell"?
It sounds so much as if these functions are csh functions.  Maybe
"cf" or "cyg" would be a better prefix?

Red Hat