Re: [ITP] getmail 4.7.7 -- mail retriever with support for POP3, IMAP4 and SDPS

On Nov 30 19:03, Jari Aalto wrote:

> Included in Debian stable
>
>   http://packages.debian.org/getmail4
>
> Jari
>
> sdesc: "mail retriever with support for POP3, IMAP4 and SDPS"
> ldesc: "A simple replacement for fetchmail. It retrieves mail (either all
> messages, or only unread messages) from one or more POP3/IMAP4/SDPS
> servers for one or more email accounts, and reliably delivers into a
> qmail-style Maildir, mbox file or to a command (pipe delivery) like
> maildrop or procmail, specified on a per-account basis. getmail also
> has support for domain (multidrop) mailboxes."
> category: Mail Python
> requires: cygwin python
>
> a) manual
>
>   wget        \
>     http://cygwin.cante.net/getmail/getmail-4.7.7-1-src.tar.bz2 \
>     http://cygwin.cante.net/getmail/getmail-4.7.7-1.tar.bz2 \
>     http://cygwin.cante.net/getmail/setup.hint

Why is it called getmail4 in debian?  Is that something we should
do as well?

I'm also wondering if this tool isn't supposed to handle POP3 and
IMAP over SSL.  Does it?  If so, is it missing a dependency to
openssl or is that handled by the dependency to python?

Red Hat