Re: [ITP] flip 1.19 -- Convert text file line endings between Unix and DOS formats

* Tue 2007-09-18 Eric Blake <ebb9-PGZyUNKar/Q@public.gmane.org>

> According to Jari Aalto on 9/14/2007 5:57 AM:
>> * Fri 2007-09-14 Carlo Florendo <subscribermail-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w AT public.gmane.org>

>>> Wow! and I thought we had d2u and u2d :)
>
> Does debian provide d2u at all?  If all debian provides is flip, then that
> is a stronger argument for uploading flip.  I'm passing on uploading this
> until we get a little more consensus as to whether this is duplicate
> functionality, or whether it is providing more usability to users used to
> debian.

The is no u2d, d2u programs according to file seach at

    http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents

"apt-get cache search" results with keywords 'unix', 'convert':

    flip - convert text file line endings between Unix and DOS formats

    /usr/bin/flip
    /usr/bin/toix
    /usr/bin/toms
    /usr/share/man/man1
    /usr/share/man/man1/flip.1.gz
    /usr/share/man/man1/toix.1.gz
    /usr/share/man/man1/toms.1.gz

    tofrodos - Converts DOS <-> Unix text files, alias tofromdos

    /usr/bin/dos2unix
    /usr/bin/fromdos
    /usr/bin/todos
    /usr/bin/unix2dos
    /usr/share/man/man1/dos2unix.1.gz
    /usr/share/man/man1/todos.1.gz
    /usr/share/man/man1/unix2dos.1.gz

Pretty much similar, except that the options behave differently.

    flip -u     (the -u signifies the destination format)
    fromdos -u  (the -u signifies the source format)

Jari