Re: Cygwin-bug#20070914T0555: mksh getop bug

* Fri 2007-09-14 Thorsten Glaser <tg AT mirbsd.de> INBOX
> Jari Aalto dixit:
>
>>I've ported mksh to Cygwin and we're considerign including it in the
>>distributions.
>
> Thanks, that’s great. Could you let me have a look at that, just out
> of interest, as I haven’t really understood the Cygwin packaging
> process myself, otherwise I had submitted one earlier.

The mksh is in queued at:

    http://cygwin.cante.net/mksh/

See below for more (*).

>>The Cygwin users have found following bug in pdkdh's getopt handling,
>>which is also present in mksh. Could you take a look:
>>
>>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-01/msg00073.html
>
> This is not a bug in the shell, but rather in the script. You must
> either use OPTIND=1 together with shift, to reset option processing,
> as per the manual page, or just not use shift at all.

Thanks, this maybe probably bug in bash as well, because bash does not
complain about it.

Jari

(*)

About packaging, you can find information from:

    Cygwin Package Contributor's Guide' at http://cygwin.com/setup.html

In addition to traditonal GBS script there are currently two
higher level applications that help porting.

a) Cygbuild (Debian style packaging tool)
   All links are temporary, since the project will move soon.

   Cygbuild documentation

    http://git.cante.net/cygbuild

  Browse source code:

    http://git.cante.net/cygbuild.git

  Get source code:

    git clone http://git.cante.net/cygbuild.git

  After clone, you can run the application in-place by using absolute
  path to bin/cygbuild.sh

b) Cygport by Yaakov Selkowitz (Gentoo style packaging tool)

  http://cygwinports.sunsite.dk/

  Included in Cygwin distribution, See Cygwin installer to install it
  on windows.

--
Welcome to FOSS revolution: we fix and modify until it shines