Re: flac, libvorbis, et. al.

Hi David,

On Jul 28 16:24, David Rothenberger wrote:

> I'm interested in updating flac and libvorbis to their latest versions.
> Flac because there are some new features and libvorbis because of a
> security issue.
>
> I have built local packages using cygport for the latest versions of
> libao, libogg, speex, flac, libvorbis, and vorbis-tools. (vorbis-tools
> is still at 1.1.1, but required applying an upstream patch to work with
> flac >= 1.1.3.) I have done only minimal testing, but they seem to be
> working fine. flac passed all the provided tests, oggenc can do
> flac->ogg, and ogg123 can play the resulting .ogg files.

Did you also apply the patch to ogg123 I sent upstream two years ago
(https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/715) and for which I never got a useful
reply, nor is it solved upstream in another way, afaics.

> Corinna currently maintains these packages, and I thank her for that.
> Corinna, I can provide my .cygport files and patches if you're
> interested. I'd also be willing to take over as maintainer for these
> packages if you'd prefer.

It would be really cool if you would take over maintainership of these
packages.  I noticed that I got hopelessly behind schedule for updating,
so, please go ahead.

Red Hat