Re: [ITP] tcp_wrappers 7.6

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 08:32:38PM -0700, Bryan D. Thomas wrote:
>> Just go ahead.  You won't need votes or something,
>> just the GTG from one of us lazy maintainers.
>
>I don't think you are lazy at all!
>
>I did try searching before I posted about this, but it
>was only today when I finally found some links and was
>able to write a good setup.hint.

>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.applications/5489
>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.applications/12934

How about searching the cygwin web site, i.e., the left hand bar under
Contributing->Cygwin Packages?

Or, if you are wondering what GTG means, then, once again the left
bar is your friend under Documentation->Acronyms.

>> <hint>
>> Another iteration of the tcp_wrappers package with a
>> shared lib instead of just a static lib would be a
>> nice-to-have, too.
>> </hint>
>
>I will take this on, but not until 7.6-3.  I want to
>make sure I get the packaging correct, first.
>
>I'm sticking with the "Method Two" source distribution
>for now, as well.

I'm fairly confused by what you think you're doing here.

You seem to be volunteering to be the new package maintainer for
tcp_wrappers.  That would mean that when you make a new release it will
be something greater than 7.6-3.  That is a given.

If you are volunteering to be the maintainer, then you will support
this package from now on and you will have to be subscribed to this
mailing list (digest is fine).  You'll be expected to actually read
the list and follow any discussions that are generally directed to
package maintainers.

If this is what you're volunteering for, then that's great.  It isn't
entirely clear to me what you think you're going to be doing with
tcp_wrappers, however.  You don't need to send a new setup.hint
because it is an existing package which presumably has a valid
setup.hint.

cgf