Re: [ITP] libggimisc 2.2.0

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 03:13:43PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 21 13:50, Peter Ekberg wrote:
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/libggimisc2/setup.hint \
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/libggimisc2/libggimisc2-2.2.0-1-src.tar.bz2 \
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/libggimisc2/libggimisc2-2.2.0-1.tar.bz2
> > cd libggimisc2-devel
> > wget \
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/libggimisc2/libggimisc2-devel/setup.hint \
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/libggimisc2/libggimisc2-devel/libggimisc2-devel-2.2.0-1.tar.bz2
> > cd ../libggimisc2-samples
> > wget \
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/libggimisc2/libggimisc2-samples/setup.hint \
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/libggimisc2/libggimisc2-samples/libggimisc2-samples-2.2.0-1.tar.bz2
> > cd ..
>
> I'm wondering, should these libggiwmh0 and libggimisc2 libraries go
> under libggi2 in the directory hirarchy?  It seems to make sense to
> me but I'd like to know what you think about this.

If I was in charge, I'd create a directory ggi (or libggi), and put
everything named libgii* or libggi* in there. I don't know how much
value additional levels would get, but it is true that libggiwmh
and libggimisc are not usable without libggi. But is also also true
that libggi is not usable without libgii, and the ggi name is used
for the whole library family.

That said, I don't know anything about any possible limitations
imposed by upset (or whatever tool is currently used).

Does this layout impact how hints/packages are created?

Cheers,
Peter