Re: "submission rules page" proposal number 2

Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 10:38:22PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>>On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 10:33:23AM +0100, Lapo Luchini wrote:
>>>When you're happy with it tell me: I will integrate it with the rest of
>>>the HTML present in the page, in order to be uploadable in stead of the
>>>"old" one.
>>
>>I think it is close but there are a couple of other random thing:
>
> And, to address Jari's point, I guess it can't be as simple as:
>
>   # If the new package is a well-known program already included in a
>   major Linux distribution (e.g.  Debian, Fedora, SuSE) please include
>   the URL of the package page.
>
> But has to say something about non-testing, non-development, non-unstable.
>
>   # If the new package is a well-known program already included in a
>   major Linux distribution (e.g.  Debian, Fedora, SuSE) please include
>   the URL of the package page which shows the package.  Note that
>   "development", "test", and "unstable" packages are not eligible for
>   this rule.

I'm still confused.

A package released in Ubuntu (like "warty") is a stable Linux
distribution. But these packages are direcly derived from Debian
"unstable" release category.

Erm, so?

I feel that the "test" category really should be specifically allowed
for Debian. Otherwise we do not do justice in regards to others that
have faster release cycle, like Fedora etc.

Jari