Re: libexecdir=/usr/sbin ?

--- Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Not sure about that, but the root idea of defining libexecdir as /usr/sbin
> (way back when) was that I disliked the idea of inetutils to have
> libexecdir defined as ${exec_prefix}/libexec by default.  This is the
> directory in which the daemons are installed and the daemons are (were)
> installed in /usr/sbin on both of my Linux distros.  And they are still
> today, FWIW.  And they still should, IMO.

I see.  So the default gives the desired result for inetutils, and perhaps for
other similar system utilities.

However, I don't think it will be right for most user-space programs. It
certainly isn't right for octave.  Maybe that's OK, since it conforms to a
newly elucidated principle of Maxium Surprise for the Packager (MSFTP), (R).

Jim P.