Re: [Pre-ITP] httpd-2.0.53-0.3

Max Bowsher wrote:

I see 100% load, too, when serving lots of concurrent requests.
Doesn't interfere with interactive use of the machine in most cases, so I guess that's OK really, since no one should be using Cygwin for a dedicated server anyway.

I do. But only for "private playground" ;)

Interesting. I'm running an ApacheBench run from a linux machine on the same LAN, specifying 2 million connections, up to 100 concurrently.

I'm getting some errors relating to all my ports being taken up with TIME_WAIT connections, but no other errors.

I did the test with siege, which is very good for load testing. So, any idea on why we get fork() resource problems?

I tried once before (around 2.0.48, IIRC) and the results were not good. Even under no significant load, many requests failed for no visible reason.

yep, that's the same I was observing. Unfortunatly I can "confirm"... via the work on the Kannel gateway, that cygwin's pthread lib is broken... unfortunatly no chance to give this a forensic analysis.

Are you going to go on with checking on the fork() problem Max? or intending to package for shipping? ;)

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80