Re: RFC: Apache HTTPD 2.0

Reini Urban wrote:
Max Bowsher schrieb:
I'd like some opinions...

To avoid conflict with the 1.3 package, I've appended a "2" to the names
of all the executables (and manpages). Horrible, but I can't see any
better way. Can you?

--prefix=/opt/apache2

*NO WAY*. This is supposed to be a proper main-system package.

At the moment my package is using the default pidfile of
/var/run/httpd.pid . Do I need to dig through the source (and manual)
and patch this to httpd2.pid, or can we safely assume no one will want
to run both at once?

You usually do run both at once, for testing purposes.

You do!?!

But it's easy for the user to change that in the conf file.

Awfully easy to forget, though.

/me sighs and goes to patch more.

Max.