Re: Ready for test coreutils-5.2.0-1 [again]

--- Nicholas Wourms <nwourms@netscape.net> wrote:
> I have a suggestion for how to deal with the "old"
> fileutils/textutils/etc.  Provide "empty" versions of the packages this
> replaces, bumping each by 1 revision.

Like Chris said, I did suggest this, but as Igor pointed out it's
not that easy with packages like cygutils that just "change" instead
of disappear--they need to rely on each other circularly so that you
don't get someone just upgrading coreutils and then uninstalling
an older version of cygutils and thus losing readlink.

> Finally, this is kinda picky, but why not use bzip2 instead of gzip for
> the manpages?

The same reason none of the other packages do. (Which I think is a combination
of very little difference in size, gzip in Base, and possible problems with
texinfo and other 3rd party man-reading tools interaction.)