Re: Pending patches for generic build script

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:02:50PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> I was going to reply to Chuck's original message, but here goes:
>
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 01:38:50PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > > Here are the patches I have/had on my 'pending' list for the
> > > generic-build-script.  Thanks for (permanently or even just temporarily)
> > > handling these maintainance duties, Igor...
> > >
> > > Some of these messages spawned threads and updated patches; be sure to
> > > read all replies.
> >
> > > Alan Miles: "Diff for generic readme and generic-build script"
> > > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg00700.html
> > >
> > > Alan Miles: "Diff for generic readme and generic-build script to
> > > automatically generate pkg data and file listings"
> > > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg01067.html
> > These two are the same...
> They aren't, but the final patches in all of the resulting threads are.
That's what I meant - sorry for the confusion..

> > > Alan Miles: "Patch for generic readme and generic-build script to
> > > automatically generate pkg data and file listings"
> > > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-01/msg00042.html
> > AFAICS, this one is the same as well..
> I've been looking at the above patch (all 3 copies).
>
> > > Harold Hunt: "Patch to generic-build-script for listing package files"
> > > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-10/msg00351.html
> > AFAICT, the patch above includes this functionality (but this is a nice
> > alternate method, perhaps...
> This one's already in.  The ChangeLog could use updating, though -- it
> only reflects two early changes.  I'll take care of that.
OK.

> > > Lapo Luchini: patch to generic-build-script (updated to cvs 1.4)
> > > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-08/msg00323.html
> > This one looks interesting though very, well.., paranoid ;)
> I agree with the spaces at ends of lines sentiment.  I'm working on a
> cleanup pass (formatting and spacing) now.
Hmm.. I guess you both are a bit more paranoid than I am :)

> > > Lapo Luchini: patch to generic-build-script
> > > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00273.html
> > Look pretty much like the previous one..
> Yes, it does.
>
> > I'll have a "really close" look at the two non-duplicates.
> > rlc
>
> Ronald, if you could please split this last patch into the
> whitespace/formatting part and the contributions part, it would make it
> much easier to commit.  I'll keep looking at the first one for now (after
> I'm done with the whitespace changes).
Due to my lack of paranoia, that's more or less what I'm doing: I was planning
to simply get rid of the paranoid stuff and split the patch into functional
chunks (tarname diffs as one chunk, etc.).

The first patch looks nice, but I haven't gotten around to testing it
thouroughly yet. I'll do that tomorow morning (note the timezone difference:
that would be at about midnight chez toi).

Again, the month hasn't started yet - I'm working during coffee and lunch
breaks.

rlc