Re: Pending patches for generic build script

I was going to reply to Chuck's original message, but here goes:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 01:38:50PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > Here are the patches I have/had on my 'pending' list for the
> > generic-build-script.  Thanks for (permanently or even just temporarily)
> > handling these maintainance duties, Igor...
> >
> > Some of these messages spawned threads and updated patches; be sure to
> > read all replies.
>
> > Alan Miles: "Diff for generic readme and generic-build script"
> > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg00700.html
> >
> > Alan Miles: "Diff for generic readme and generic-build script to
> > automatically generate pkg data and file listings"
> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg01067.html
> These two are the same...

They aren't, but the final patches in all of the resulting threads are.

> > Alan Miles: "Patch for generic readme and generic-build script to
> > automatically generate pkg data and file listings"
> > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-01/msg00042.html
> AFAICS, this one is the same as well..

I've been looking at the above patch (all 3 copies).

> > Harold Hunt: "Patch to generic-build-script for listing package files"
> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-10/msg00351.html
> AFAICT, the patch above includes this functionality (but this is a nice
> alternate method, perhaps...

This one's already in.  The ChangeLog could use updating, though -- it
only reflects two early changes.  I'll take care of that.

> > Lapo Luchini: patch to generic-build-script (updated to cvs 1.4)
> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-08/msg00323.html
> This one looks interesting though very, well.., paranoid ;)

I agree with the spaces at ends of lines sentiment.  I'm working on a
cleanup pass (formatting and spacing) now.

> > Lapo Luchini: patch to generic-build-script
> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00273.html
> Look pretty much like the previous one..

Yes, it does.

> I'll have a "really close" look at the two non-duplicates.
> rlc

Ronald, if you could please split this last patch into the
whitespace/formatting part and the contributions part, it would make it
much easier to commit.  I'll keep looking at the first one for now (after
I'm done with the whitespace changes).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/