Re: package download stats?

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

But, seriously, I just wanted to make it less than trivial to use. It
shouldn't be as easy as opening
http://cygwin.com/downloadstats.cgi?apache to register an apache download.

Yeah, who needs simple stuff?

Although, actually, you do need a bit more than that -- at least the
version of the package and the mirror it was downloaded from, and it would
also be nice if all the packages were included in one http connection,
rather than 50 separate connections for 50 packages (the POST method comes
to mind).

The passthrough script above is something like what I've mentioned as
having written already (which you so graciously snipped from your reply).
;-)

Maybe the message with somewhat a "signature" to complicate things a bit and avoid most of the "fake" hits.

MD5 code, that should be already into setup.exe, comes to my mind...

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)