This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gc-6.1 - a new package for review
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at is dot ubertales dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 00:08:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: gc-6.1 - a new package for review
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:
> The Boehm-Demers-Weiser conservative garbage collector library has
> been ported (used by 'chase'). See:
> Available at:
Please provide absolute links in the future, especially when your site seems to
only answer to wget.
> @ gc
> sdesc: "library: The Boehm-Demers-Weiser conservative garbage collector"
> ldesc: "A drop-in replacement of malloc to support on the fly garbage collection."
> curr: 6.1
> # prev: version
> # test: version
> category: Libs
> # requires: package[ package...]
> # external-source: package
A few notes:
1) Your cygbuild.sh shell script is either path dependant or is broken
[elfyn@ellixia gc]$ ./cygbuild.sh all
-- Extracting /netrel/packages/test/gc/gc-6.1.tar.gz
-- Hm, archive did not extract to gc-6.1 ...
-- Renaming unpack dir gc6.1/
mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory
Try `mv --help' for more information.
./cygbuild.sh.Main: [FATAL] status is 1.
Can you use "Method One" or "Method Two" instead? Or atleast until you have
tested your build script on more than one system.
2) The patch (in the source package) contains build support files eg., *.Plo .
Before creating the patch, please run `make distclean' in the source
directory. It also doesn't apply correctly
[elfyn@ellixia gc6.1]$ patch -R -p0 < ../gc-6.1-1.patch
patching file gc-6.1/.deps/win32_threads.Plo
patching file gc-6.1/.libs/libgc.lai
patching file gc-6.1/CYGWIN-PATCHES/gc.README
patching file gc-6.1/CYGWIN-PATCHES/install.sh
patching file gc-6.1/CYGWIN-PATCHES/setup.hint
can't find file to patch at input line 5351
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|--- gc-6.1-orig/Makefile 2002-08-06 23:55:42.000000000 +0000
|+++ gc-6.1/Makefile 2003-06-13 09:52:08.000000000 +0000
which might be down to the build script.
3) The Cygwin README (usr/doc/Cygwin/gc-6.1.README is incomplete, still
contains template tags...
ABCtales.com / Ubertales.co.uk
Show us yer bulk: email@example.com