Re: PFC Aspell (was Re: spell and nano (was reply to cgf about gpl violation))

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Landheer-Cieslak" <ronald at landheer dot com>
To: "Gareth Pearce" <tilps at hotmail dot com>
Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>; <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: PFC Aspell (was Re: spell and nano (was reply to cgf about gpl
violation))

> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Gareth Pearce wrote:
> > hmmm and i just noticed rlc's email messages - if he wants to take these
and
> > run - yay :)
> For the record: I'm glad Gareth beat me to it - saves me work - so I have
> no intention of takin these and making a run for it :)
> OTOH, I'm more than happy to take care of the dictionary packages (at
> least for the languages I know)
>
> aspell-dict-LN-<version> sound OK?
> (in which LN is en, nl, fr or de, which are the only languages I speak)

4 languages - i can hardly speak one ;)

yes i think that sounds good.

with the dictionary files (At least the english one i was looking at) - the
version number was 0.51-0 - I was unsure if this should be 0.51.0 instead
(since i was unsure if upset would be happy with a version number like
0.51-0 - I guess it probably does).

Anyway - wish you better luck then i had in my 10minute attempt to package
english ;)
Chuck's script is great - but its no AI... (infact i think writing a new
script from scratch might almost be the go in this case - or not using
method 2 ...).
Dont forget to list aspell in the build requirements for the dictionaries -
in the readme.

Regards,
Gareth