Re: Can't install cygwin using setup - says completed sucessfully but no bin or var directories

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 11:00:00AM -0000, Tom Gilbert wrote:
>So I think the problem arose because I had a copy of OpenSSH installed,
>which includes cygwin (apparently).
>So, there was already a copy of the cygwin dll on my system.
>
>Note that the CygWin setup MADE NO ATTEMPT TO DETECT THIS!!!

Calm down.  Actually, Cygwin setup did detect this.  The OpenSSH
installation apparently screwed up your mount table.  setup.exe had no
way of knowing that your mount table was not set up to your liking, so
it honored it.  We're hard at work on the mind-reading plugin for
setup.exe but it isn't quite ready yet.

If you want to yell at someone, yell at the OpenSSH installation which
screwed up your mount table.  Either that or we'll cheerfully refund the
purchase price of the software.

Btw, it's not "CygWin".  It's "Cygwin".

cgf