Re: [nasm packaging review] was Re: Pending packages status

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> Hello, Max
>
> Just to let you know that I do not want to ignore your opinion, nor
> do I want to ignore any other peoples' opinion. I just do not have
> strong opinion on this topic. So, as far as I'm concerned I'm trying
> to follow the instructions at http://cygwin.com/setup.html. If as a
> result of a discussion on this list this instructions do change, I'll
> follow the new instructions whatever they are.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I thought you or anyone else might
treat my opinions unfairly. Quite the opposite in fact - that it would be
fair to say that it's my fault for not paying sufficient attention to the
discussion last month.

I do feel that assigning individual version numbers to each change in the
pre-release package would allow better cross-referencing of feedback during
review, and that there is no need to reset the release number to 1 when
released to the mirrors.

I must agree, though, that this is not an issue of high importance.

Max.