Re: --enable-auto-import extension

Hi!

Thursday, 14 November, 2002 Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com wrote:

NC> Hi Charles, Hi Egor,

>> 2002-07-01  Egor Duda  <deo@logos-m.ru>
>>
>>       * ldmain.c (main): Make runtime relocs disabled by default. Remove
>>       assignment which has no effect.
>>       * pe-dll.h (pe_create_import_fixup): Change prototype.
>>       * pe-dll.c (make_runtime_pseudo_reloc): New function.
>>       (pe_create_runtime_relocator_reference): Ditto.
>>       (pe_create_import_fixup): Handle relocations with non-zero addends.
>>       * emultempl/pe.em: Add options --enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc and
>>       --disable-runtime-pseudo-reloc.
>>       (make_import_fixup): Handle relocations with non-zero addends. Create
>>       an external reference to _pei386_runtime_relocator symbol if at least
>>       one pseudo reloc was created.
>>       * ld.texinfo: Document --enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc and
>>       --disable-runtime-pseudo-reloc options.
>> 2002-07-01  Egor Duda  <deo@logos-m.ru>
>>
>>       * bfdlink.h (struct bfd_link_info): Add new boolean
>>       field pei386_runtime_pseudo_reloc.

NC> Approved and applied.  [Sorry for the long delay].

NC> Note: The cygwin targeted ports (eg i686-pc-cygwin) are currently
NC> showing three unexpected failures in the GAS testsuite:

NC>   FAIL: i386 abs reloc
NC>   FAIL: i386 pcrel reloc
NC>   FAIL: i386 sub

NC> Which their non-PE cousins do not.  I would appreciate it if you could
NC> spare a few moments to investigate this.

First of all, thanks, Charles, for fixing spelling and formatting
errors, and pushing the patch through. I'm to revive a discussion
about runtime part of changes in cygwin-apps@ after weekend.

As for gas testsuite failures, i suppose they have nothing to do with
this patch. I've just reverted the patch but failures persist. I'll
try to track them down further, but i highly doubt that adding a field
to 'struct bfd_link_info', which is the only thing in the patch which
may affect gas, could lead to reloc failures in gas testsuite.