Re: tetex-20020911-1

Nicholas Wourms <nwourms@netscape.net> writes:

> You are aware that Thomas has dropped Omega from this release
> (assuming your date coincides with the official teTeX preview
> releases).  Doesn't bother me, but it might irk some Euro and Asian
> folk.

Yes.  I'm tracking tetex development (as was Jerome), for the obvious
reasons.  These packages fix a number of more important bugs, I think;
and I'll repackage any newer release.

> Everything seemed fine tho at this end, but then again I had already
> upgraded prior to that.  BTW, perhaps you might considier bundling the
> cm-super Type1 font package?

What package?  In general, I don't like the idea of bundeling packages
downstream.  Want another package too?  Add another package.  Note
that I also de-bundled psutils.  There was a request/bug report about
that, so packaged it separately (unmaintained).  Haven't heard
anything about it, of course.

> These bitmap fonts are rather ugly, especially in PDF's.

Which bitmap fonts do you refer to?  The bluesky type1 fonts are
available.

Greetings,
Jan.

--